Monday, April 2, 2012

Practice What I Preach


Life got a little hectic the weekend when I ended up in the ER on Friday.  I took a turn for the worse and my wonderful Dr. called to say that my culture (pee, sorry TMI) showed a bacteria that was resistant to most pill form antibiotics so I needed to head into the hospital for iv antibiotics, ugh.  With 3 kids and no family near-by my hubby had to stay home with the kids while I drove myself and stayed in the ER...alone.  Let me just say that it's not a fun place period and even worse when you're alone.  However, it does make you realize how strong and capable you are, even in the darkest hours.  So when you're alone in the ER what do you do?? Watch trashy reality TV!!!  The wedding show I watched was actually pretty entertaining and all my aching head could handle.
After a few hours I was able to go home so my hubby and the kids came and got me.  What do you do when you're sick and can't cook?  Get trashy food through the drive-thru.  Oh, well, can't be perfect 100% (or even 50%) of the time.  So I spent the weekend in bed doing this....

.....doodling, and......

.....drawing.....


....and of'course sleeping.  So, I have decided to "Practice What I Preach" here on this Health and Art blog and take a week to recover.  As hard as it was, I have decided to skip this week of the Friday Feature Artist.  I have a couple wonderful artists lined up but do not want to do them or you a disservice by rushing my questions.  Plus, I need to rest my body and mind so I can heal completely.  I will be doodling and drawing in bed, using my art to heal.  I hope you have a wonderful Art-filled week.  Will Be Back Soon!!!

Be Well.


7 comments:

  1. good choice....take it easy. WIshing I could help.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a speedy recovery Harmony! Rest is good for the body and soul, sometimes. Art is always healing... xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better Harmony. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes please take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you Happy Healing thoughts!! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every now and then our bodies demand that we slow down. Sending you lots of rest, healing, and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well SOON! I had the pleasure of being in the E.R. alone last month...was so fun listening to the guy next to me barf. yeesh.
    miss you!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete