Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Art and thoughts...



This is a new piece I just finished. It doesn't have a name yet. I was in such a bad place when I painted this....chronic pain, frustration, confusion, anger, sadness. I literally just started throwing paint on the canvas. Reds and blacks and some dark blue for a "punch". I just completed an Art4Healing Certificate training and let me tell you....this stuff works. We all need to find a way to get "it" out. Maybe for you it is writing or photography or.....screaming. Screaming's good. I need to scream more. I felt like I was screaming when I flung the paint at the canvas and smacked some spots here and there. I felt the tears when I sprayed the paint and watched the red tinted drops of water stream down my painting. Sometimes it's so hard. So hard to do it all. So hard to deal with the pain. But it sure helps to get it out.


One I was able to get some of my "stuff" out I was able to feel the clouds part slightly. I started thinking about all that I had to live for and all that I am blessed with. My colors became brighter and my shapes more whimsical. The word "hope" floated across the bottom of my canvas because if we don't have hope, what do we have? Some days it's so hard to find it....but it's always there.....waiting for you.....when you're ready.


I HOPE you have a wonderful holiday weekend. Be safe. Be creative....oh, and of'course....


Have fun!!!!!


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Yeh! This is so wonderful! I love your art blog and of course will be following.

    I have also be thinking of creating a seperate art blog, as I want to fully embrace that part of myself. Just having trouble seperating it right now from my family blog which really feels like all parts of me. I am certain a reflection of where I am at on my art journey.

    This is exciting...I also love seeing examples of your beautiful works. They are so meaningful, connected.....I totally relate to them, and of course you! take care-Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to meet you. I love the beauty that came from a different point in time. Just how GOD works right?

    ReplyDelete