Thursday, June 23, 2011

First Art Class!!!



(room set up)
Today was my first art class and we had so much fun!!! I am teaching "Expressive" art classes based around my Art4Healing training. This class was 4 girls ages 7-12, so I called it "Girl Power" class.


We did a warm up to show them how different colors and movements can symbolize their feelings.


Warm up #2 was to paint a beautiful garden of melting colors.


The large canvas was a guided exercise where they imagined that they had shrunk and were traveling through their bodies.


The last small canvas was to be a gift for someone and they each drew a word to inspire them. I demonstrated a couple techniques that they could use if they were inclined.


All in all, it was a wonderful class and I was so struck at their different approaches to the same exercises (3 were sisters, 2 of the 3 were twins). The energy in the room of girls was lively and creative. I loved feeling their bubbling excitement as they discovered more and more about the world of art and creativity.

Can't wait for more classes, and according to today's girls, we should have class EVERY day, ha.

1 comment: